RELATIONSHIPS TAKE WORK, YET SHARING LOVE WITH YOUR MAIN SQUEEZE IS SIMPLE! HERE’S HOW.
Love is designed for the everyday. It’s not to be reserved for anniversaries, birthdays or holidays. Or when you feel like taking those little steps to show him love. Yet sometimes, our complicated lives distract us from what’s most important: each other!
This means instead of showing patience to your boyfriend, partner or spouse after a frustrating day, you may become uncharacteristically aggravated or short-tempered. Perhaps you’re both preoccupied with career choices, finances or finding a healthy balance when working towards a new life goal. Maybe you just feel like you’re running around in circles with the ups and downs of your daily routine.
In my mind, a successful relationship is based on mutual respect and selflessness. Selflessness being the key—putting aside our own personal wants to care for the other. If you’re both doing this, you’re both being supported, encouraged, and loved to the max!
And even if your relationship is the strongest it’s ever been, you’re simply wanting to connect deeper with your special someone and make him feel special, these 53 (incredibly easy) ways to show him love will absolutely make his heart go pitter-patter!
- Scratch his back
- Compliment his cooking
- Occasionally do one of his household chores
- Ask him about his day
- Give him a kiss before you fall asleep
- Say bless you when he sneezes
- Show appreciation for the things he does—even the little things!
- When he gets home from work, stop what you’re doing to give a warm welcome
- Sit with him while he plays video or computer games
- Actually play video or computer games with him
- When he talks about his hobbies, actively listen, ask questions, and show interest
- Prepare his weekday lunch on occasion
- Hang out with him in the garage if he’s organizing or working on a project
- Cook with him
- Let him stay in the car while you run into a girly store for a quick errand
- Give him a massage without asking for one in return
- Become a fan of his favorite movie
- Be his friend
- Be his best friend
- Confide in him (and show him he can do the same)
- Join him for a show or sporting event
- Slip a note into his lunch, bag or coat pocket to tell him how much he means to you
- Kiss him every time you say goodbye in the morning and hello in the evening
- Say thank you (even when it seems repetitive)
- Support his healthy living decisions, like joining him in a clean eating challenge
- Don’t grumble when he needs your help
- Pray for him
- Be the best sidekick he’s ever had
- Treat him to his favorite dessert—just because
- Be involved with his hobbies
- Write him a love letter
- Surprise him with an unexpected gift
- Tell him you’re proud of him
- Hug him randomly
- Watch his favorite sport with him (and actually learn the game)
- Engage with his social media posts
- Show support when he’s having a bad day
- Compliment his car, motorcycle, or whatever vehicle he’s particularly fond of
- Buy him what he’s missing to take his hobby to the next level
- Come home with a set of Legos he’s been ogling over (or whatever hands-on project or craft that interests him)
- Have something delivered to his office (donuts or warm cookies come to mind!)
- Teach him something he doesn’t know
- Help him with yard work
- Bring home a bottle of his favorite liquor, wine or craft brew
- Suggest taking a spontaneous weekend getaway
- Recommend a beer and pizza night when he least expects it
- Take a silly photo of yourself and save it as his cell phone wallpaper
- Get his car detailed (or detail it with him)
- Coax him into getting a facial—he may resist but might just love it in the end!
- Let him know you dig his style
- Encourage him to ditch an unhealthy habit
- Celebrate his successes
- Understand his love language and learn to speak it
What are your favorite ways to show your man you care for him, love him, and never want to leave him? Share in the comments below!